Job Description –Parish Bookkeeper
The parish bookkeeper provides financial support for the parish, managing teh collections process, posting and reconciling all revenue transactions; providing analysis and support during the annual budget process; preparing budget and other reports for parish management and finance council; reconciling bank records; provide financial support for the Holy Family Foundation; lead special projects as requested. Be viewed as an essential work partner to the management team of one of the largest, most vibrant parishes in the Archdiocese of Chicago.
Task and Responsibilities
· Responsible for all revenue transactions for the Parish and Foundation, processing all checks, cash and electronic deposits, posting all transactions in QuickBooks and reconciling with bank records in a timely manner.
· Provide regular budget reporting to Directors and to the Foundation.
· Process and reconcile intercompany account transactions with Academy bookkeeper.
· Participate in special projects at the direction of the Director of Operations or the Parish Accountant.
· Maintain petty cash and provide cash box for special events. Process and track sale information for special events.
Respond in a timely manner to inquires on donations to parishioners or staff.
· Participant in the annual budget process, preparing, analyzing and recommending budgets to Director of Operations and Parish Business Manager.
Attention to Detail: Position required being careful about detail and thorough in completing work tasks.
Integrity: Job requires consistency of actions, methods, principles, expectations and outcomes.
Timeliness: Position requires that tasks be completed in a timely and repeatable time frame so that analysis is conducted on data with integrity.
Dependability: Job requires excellent attendance, being reliable, responsible and fulfilling obligations without reminder.
Continual Improvement: Working with a small team requires constant challenging of the status quo, always looking for better and smarter ways to perform the role.
Initiative: A willingness to personally take on responsibilities and challenges.
Cooperation: Working collaboratively as a member of a team to a common purpose.
Confidentiality: Role will come in frequent contact with employee and donor information that needs to be held in the strictest confidence.
· Associate degree in accounting or proven equivalent work experience. Bachelors degree a plus.
· Proficient in Quick Books Pro and the Microsoft Office suite of applications
· Strong organizational and interpersonal skills, effective written and oral communication skills.
· Position is part time, Monday through Thursday, 6 hours per day. Role may occasionally require evening or weekend support. Initially the majority of the role can be performed remotely but there is at least one day a week where a portion of the day needs to on-site. As the campus re-opens with easing of COVID restrictions, a greater proportion of the role will transition back to on-site.
· Excellent attendance track record in previous positions.
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $19.00 – $21.00 per hour
Facility is only open for a small amount of liturgical services at reduced capacity. Offices are closed and employees are working from home, on-site only if the task being performed requires it.
Contact Bernie Schaeffer, Director of Operations for more information 847-907-3420