- A faith experience led by a trained facilitator that utilizes the Sunday readings to prepare members to be more active participants in weekend worship.
- An opportunity for Christians to grow together in faith by connecting their faith to everyday life.
- A mirror for the way church was experienced by early Christians.
- A model of faith formation for Holy Family Parish.
Goals of Lectionary Based Small Christian Communities
- To encourage people to develop their faith through Scripture, prayer, fellowship and social justice.
- To connect groups to the larger parish community and universal church.
- To support people as they live their lives according to the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
- To foster greater engagement in weekend worship.
Community benefits of Lectionary Based Small Christian Communities
- Connection of fellow parishioners in faith sharing, life sharing and prayer.
- Support for one another in living the Catholic Christian life.
- Reinforce the natural structures of family, neighborhood and faith community.
- Discernment with other members of the community on the way to live out the social justice mandates of the Gospel.
- A vehicle for the parish to engage in evangelization and catechesis.
Individual Benefits of Lectionary Based Small Christian Communities
- Deeper realization of the ways that God working in your life through shared life stories and communal prayer.
- New awareness is gained about the Sacred Scriptures through reading them in the group, hearing comments about them on the DVD, discussing and reflecting on them using the Faith Sharing questions from the guide.
- A greater understanding of how the Scriptures are to be integrated into our lives.
- A glimpse into the dream that God holds that people live in faith filled communion with one another in reflection of the Holy Trinity.