Post Date: 31/10/2019
Job Level: Manager
Company Type: Professional Services
Email Résumé to: email@example.com
Every year, the Campaign for Working Families, Inc. recruits, trains, and manages hundreds of volunteers and interns who staff free tax sites across Philadelphia and surrounding counties, as well as South Jersey. In 2019, CWF’s Philadelphia and South Jersey tax sites provided over 48,000 taxpayers with access to important tax credits through free tax preparation, resource building and asset development services. Since our founding, we have brought in over $441 million in refunds to our region’s economy.
For this upcoming tax season, CWF is seeking highly-motivated and mature individuals to fill our multiple Tax Associate intern positions. All students, no matter your major, are encouraged to apply, because each intern will learn critical skills that will not only enhance your resume but also your prospects for employment upon graduation.
Individuals should possess strong quantitative skills and be extremely detailed-oriented. Previous accounting and/or tax preparation experience is a plus. This is a great training opportunity for Accounting, Finance and Business majors. Tax Associates will be engaged in various roles including tax preparation and Quality Review, as well as operations/administrative support. Duties and responsibilities may expand based upon individual strengths and schedule availability.
Requirements & Responsibilities:
- Attend 24 hours of training to certify as an Advanced Tax Preparer
- Assist with tax preparation trainings held in January for volunteers
- Commit to 10-15 hours per week from January 20st through April 15th (130 hours)
- Attend our annual Financial Wellness Day
- Serve at least one shift with our Mobile Tax Team
- Work closely with Site Management Team and serve as Quality Reviewer
- Support Site Management Team in administrative tasks
- Complete internship survey upon successful completion of program