Summer Mission Trip
Catholic Heart Workcamp is a week long summer mission trip for teens going into 8th grade and higher. The mission is to revitalize communities and beautify homes for the elderly, disabled and those who cannot afford needed repairs This experience will empower participants to liveas disciples of Christ through serving others and foster the spiritual growth of each participant through the sacraments, Catholic faith sharing and prayer.
- Travel with 30 teens from Holy Family to the Camp Location.
- Join 300 other teens from around the country and get assigned to a work crew and worksite for the week.
- Sleep, eat, and live at the host school for the week.
- Start each day with Mass and morning program. Travel to your worksite to serve (painting, cleaning, building, clearing, sorting, interacting, etc.) Return to camp to enjoy free time with friends, experience musician-led music and prayer, and interact in high-energy games and activities.
- Help others, grow closer to God, meet new people, have a blast, and MAKE A DIFFERENCE.
2019 Mission Trip
Sunday, July 14 - Friday, July 19, 2019
Estimated Cost: $500 per person (our goal is to lower the cost to $300 per person through fundraising, a $100 nonrefundable deposit is due at registration)
We have a total of 30 teen spots available and 6 adult spots.
First come first served.
Located in southwestern Indiana, Huntingburg is known for its downtown with numerous antique shops. It is part of the Jasper Micropolitan Statistical Area. The city is also known as the "Hollywood of the Midwest." The movies A League of Their Own (1992), Hard Rain (1998), and the HBO film Soul of the Game (1996) were filmed in Huntingburg. Columbia Pictures built the grandstand at League Stadium that was to become part of the set for A League of Their Own. Sadly, about 17.6% of the population live below the poverty line. The Catholic HEART Workcamp works with multiple agencies striving to address the very basic needs of these residents in need.
We have an excellent mix of traditional work sites (painting, yard work, building rehab) and social agencies including senior citizen homes, area parish needs, day care centers and homes for persons with disabilities. Most sites are within 15 minutes of the school; however, some sites are as far away as 45 minutes. We also have some unique opportunities in Huntingburg, including St. Meinrad Archabbey, Sisters of St. Benedict Monastery, and St. Joseph's Holy Family. Each resident or agency we serve presents a unique situation. We welcome you to arrive with an open and willing attitude eager to serve wherever the Spirit leads.